AP.setup lets you login to your wifi-range extender with the help of the web browser. Make sure that you have a working internet router after unboxing your gadget before we start the AP.setup login. If this URL does not work for you, try 192.168.10.1 in the address bar, which will take you to the setup page as well. AP.Setup is here to make your Access Point Setup experience fast and smooth.
The following are some general instructions on how to set up an access point and what is needed for the setup.
- Make sure your extender plugged in closer to the router, could be in the same room or 5-10 feet from the router.
- Now connect your devices to the Extender wifi network, such as your computer/phone
- Go to your wifi list and connect to one of these WiFi networks
- Once the AP setup wizard is linked, it automatically appears as soon as you open your browser.
- If the setup wizard doesn’t show up, open the browser and type http:/ap.setup or 192.168.10.1 in the address bar at the top of the page. It brings you to the login page of the extender.
- On the AP Setup setup page, click on the option that shows how to set up the repeater. Choose an extender or access point, for example, according to your needs.
- You can unplug it and position it at the location where you need the internet once the online setup is done
Ap setup via WPS
Follow the below format for AP Setup with WPS
- You need to put the extender in the same room for this setup, because if it is far away, then the extender won’t get connected to the router or it could take longer than planned new extender setup.
- Now on the extender, find the WPS button, press and hold it for around 5 seconds and you’ll see a blinking light on it.
- If your router’s WPS is disabled, press the WPS button available on your router, then login to your router. Go to wireless settings and then to WPS and first enable the WPS from there.
- WPS lights will flash for about 10-15 seconds on both the extender and router units.
The WPS light on the extender will stop blinking after a good access point setup and the internet and WPS light on the repeater will turn solid.
If your extender does not support WPS, use ap.setup for setup
Steps for working with AP.Setup
- Make sure you are linked to the Extender’s Network to access Ap.setup.
- There is no online web page for Ap.Setup
- Switch any wifi computer, such as a tablet, mobile phone or laptop, on.
- On your respective computer, search for the settings option.
- Then press the wifi option and connect to the Wavlink Network Default Extender.
- Then, on the web browser, select AP.Setup or 192.168.10.1
- Only follow the instructions to set up your Wavelink extender to your home wifi network.
Difference between Wi-Fi extender, repeater, and booster
A lot of people seem to be confused about the three different types of devices namely extender, repeater, and booster. That’s because the name sounds familiar and the purpose seems to be identical as well. That’s completely untrue, though, since these three are used for various purposes. Let us know the difference between the three of them:
Ap Setup Wi-Fi extender: These devices operate on the concept of grabbing from your router the pre-existing wireless networks that emit and then transferring them to help them reach even further. In addition, you have the option of connecting them wirelessly and with the help of an Ethernet cable, which ensures that the link strength would be greater than that of an existing router. In fact, connection-blocking elements such as walls or appliances are less likely to interact with them.
Ap Setup Wi-Fi repeater: These are also referred to as first-generation extenders and function as an extender in a similar way. They catch a signal first and then relay it again to expand the network’s range. The only distinction that separates it from other systems is that it operates on a single band, so you can only use half the bandwidth, which further results in higher latency.
Ap Setup Wi-Fi booster: You’ll be shocked to know that there is no Wi-Fi booster like this and it’s just a different name from the two devices above. This term is normally used by non-tech individuals to identify repeaters and extenders.
But these were the variations between the booster, repeater, and Wavlink extender. Just so you learn, there is also another component known as a mesh WiFi extender that uses multiple routers at once to create a network that increases the network coverage in your home.
How do you setup Wavlink extender via Ap.Setup?
There are several reasons to use a Wavlink Wi-Fi extender and it is not just limited to the consequences of poor signal. Here are a few points due to which you must use an AP Extender Setup :
- Network not reach to other floors of your Home
People are moving more towards duplexes nowadays and prefer multiple floored homes. You may have a router mounted in your hall or any space downstairs at an ideal spot, or you may have a room solely for entertainment purposes, but this restricts the accessibility of upstairs individuals. The explanation for no network in these rooms is nothing other than the availability of the room ceiling at the bottom and the top room level.
Now you need to think vertically if you want to add the coverage to these rooms. You need to install an extender upstairs in a way that it is parallel to the router located downstairs.
For example, if there is a room directly above the hall where the router is located, place the Wavlink extender in a position parallel to the Wavlink Extender Setup router, just in that room. This would ensure that the extender effectively collects the signals by the router and extends them to cover the entire upstairs.
- You have multiple users
If there are a lot of people using your network and you face a speed slowdown, an extender will help you recover your signal’s original speed, even if many people are linked at once. You just need to ensure that you use a dual-band router and not a single band router. The range of dual-band routers can be extended much well than that of single-band routers.
- You want to access the internet outside your house
There are several reasons such as summer when staying outside in your balcony or backyard feels more comfortable than staying inside. Moreover, if you can get the work done outside then it is a cherry on the top. An extender can help you to get connectivity outside your house by improving the range of your network. Moreover, ensure that there are lesser or no walls available. The secret for this is to place the Wi-Fi extender in a room that has an access point for outdoors. Just remember that the location where you place the extender will determine the capability of it to extend the network.
So that’s how you can get rid of the poor Network connection at your home or outdoors. We hope that you found this guide on Ap.Setup helpful and will employ the practices mentioned.